Thursday, August 18, 2011

This picture...

warms my heart
and breaks it at the same time.
What is in the way
Azalea's head or
the patch?
Some pictures are taken on purpose
and some just happen.
Some I keep
and some I delete.
I didn't have the heart
to delete this one.
Looking through all the pics
of our day
under the big tree
crawling in the grass
this is Easton's brightest smile.
He has a twinkle in his eyes.
I see it.
I know it.
I am his mom.
Am I the only one?
Does only a mother
love
this face?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I know what you mean. I have looked at photos of Blake and Austin over the past couple of days because my memory card is about full. In 90% of the photos he is patched. It is a part of who he is in a lot of ways, BUT it still sucks. I think because we want their little life to be trouble free. We just got smacked right in the face with the fact that it can't ever be that way, sooner than we wanted to realize that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the twinkle!! It is absolutely there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...